Empathy 313 LLC (”Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide as described below and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we may collect, such as:
- When you visit our websites, such as kindkatch.com (our “Website”).
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Website.
- When you purchase, download, install, register with, access or our Through mobile and desktop applications, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- Directly from you.
- When you ask us to and provide us with your necessary consent.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on the Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sharing of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights section below for more information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other unique identifier (”personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your company or brand information including company name, contacts, and branding (logo and imagery); and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
- You share about your organization’s contacts, such as phone, name, and email.
In addition to that described above, we may collect the following information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through the Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages/you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking, including cross-device tracking).
The information we collect automatically does/may/is only statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies. Cookies are used only to identify the user and for site functionality.
- Web Beacons. We have turned these off for our emails, but we do track when a user views a share.
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To inform and serve you ads
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please do not use this site and/or unsubscribe from Kindkatch emails and/or opt out of ads http://www.aboutads.info/choices For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may also use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Kindkatch’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Kindkatch about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “share” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Kindkatch, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (”NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Privacy for Contacts
Privacy for Contacts – Information We Collect
The Personal Information that we may collect or receive about you broadly falls into the following categories:
(i) Information we receive about Contacts from our Members: A Member may provide Personal Information about you to us through the Services. For example, when a Member uploads their Distribution List or integrates the Services with another website or service (for example, when a Member chooses to connect their CRM platform account with Kindkatch), or when you sign up for a Member’s Distribution List on a Kindkatch signup form, they may provide us with certain contact information or other Personal Information about you such as your name, email address, address or telephone number. You may have the opportunity to update some of this information by electing to update or manage your preferences via an email you receive from a Member.
- Device information: We collect information about the device and applications you use to access emails sent through our Services, such as your IP address, your operating system, your browser ID, and other information about your system and connection.
- Product usage data: We collect usage data about you whenever you interact with emails sent through the Services, which may include dates and times you access emails and your browsing activities (such as what pages are viewed). We also collect information regarding the performance of the Services, including metrics related to the deliverability of emails and other electronic communications our Members send through the Services. This information allows us to improve the content and operation of the Services, and facilitate research and analysis of the Services.
(iii) Information we collect from other sources: From time to time, we may obtain information about you from third-party sources, such as social media platforms and third-party data providers. We take steps to ensure that such third parties are legally or contractually permitted to disclose such information to us, and we use this information to provide publicly available social media information about you to Members who have enabled the “Social Profiles” feature in their Kindkatch accounts.
Privacy for Contacts – Use of Personal Information
We may use the Personal Information we collect or receive about you for our legitimate business interests, including:
- To meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding.
- To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including meeting national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Other purposes. To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes.
Privacy for Contacts – Cookies and Tracking Technologies
We and our partners may use various technologies to collect and store information when you interact with a Member’s email campaign or connected store, and this may include using cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as pixels and web beacons. For example, we use web beacons in the emails we send on behalf of our Members. When you receive and engage with a Member’s campaign, web beacons track certain behavior such as whether the email sent through the Kindkatch platform was delivered and opened and whether links within the email were clicked. They also allow us to collect information such as your IP address, browser, email client type, and other similar details. We use this information to measure the performance of our Members’ email campaigns, and to provide analytics information and enhance the effectiveness of our Services.
Privacy for Contacts – Legal Basis for Processing
You may have the following data protection rights:
- To access, correct, update or request deletion of your Personal Information. Kindkatch takes reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and up to date. You may contact us directly at any time about accessing, correcting, updating or deleting your Personal Information, or altering your data, by emailing email@example.com We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
- In addition, if you are a resident of the EEA, you can object to processing of your Personal Information, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your Personal Information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA are available here.
As described above, for much of the Personal Information we collect and process about Contacts through the Services, we act as a processor on behalf of our Members. In such cases, if you are a Contact and want to exercise any data protection rights that may be available to you under applicable law or have questions or concerns about how your Personal Information is handled by Kindkatch as a processor on behalf of our individual Members, you should contact the relevant Member that is using the Kindkatch Services, and refer to their separate privacy policies.
If you no longer want to be contacted by one of our Members through our Services, please unsubscribe directly from that Member’s newsletter or contact the Member directly to update or delete your data. If you contact us directly, we may remove or update your information within a reasonable time and after providing notice to the Member of your request.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.